Caroline works in practice as a Landscape Architect and is a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute.
She has a wide range of experience extending over twenty five years in both the private and public sectors, including:
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA), often as part of an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Windfarm design and assessment
- Landscape Character Assessment (LCA), landscape sensitivity assessment and landscape capacity assessment
- Wild Land assessment
- Provision of advice on the design of a wide range of developments across Scotland
- Provision of advice on Scottish Government and Scottish Natural Heritage national policy
- Presentations to public meetings, seminars and conferences, and development of good practice guidance
- Expert witness at Public Local Inquiry
- Research and report writing
Caroline is the Landscape Advisor for the Cairngorms National Park Authority. She also tutors part-time in landscape architecture at the University of Edinburgh and is working on publication of her research on the perception of scale and scale effects in the landscape.